This policy is valid from 01 June 2012.
Everyday I’m truly grateful for the opportunity to serve you with this blog. I started this blog out of the desire to reverse the high divorce rate for blended families and its associated impact to the children involved. While this is why I blog, please understand my content may be influenced by my background, occupation, religion, political affiliation and experience.
The information I provided has not only helped stepparents in blended families world-wide but it has helped me personally in better understanding the blended family dynamics and healing of my own personal experiences as a stepfather. If you have any questions please send to me (Gerardo Campbell), email@example.com .
The Federal Trade Commission requires I disclose any relationship I have between a product manufacturer, service provider and content websites (forums, blogs, microblogs and other Social Media channels).
Here are the guidelines I work by at Support for Stepfathers:
- I am not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own or of my guests. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
- If I create a link to a product or service in a review, sometimes I may get paid a commission if you purchase the product or service. I’ll disclose that in the review. If you don’t see the disclosure, it means I’m not getting paid any commission. My posts are written for the purpose of encouraging self growth, entertainment and inspiration. Advertising is not one of those purposes.
- This blog doesn’t contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
- No advertiser will ever influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog.
- The website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. As previously stated our editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
These are good rules and practices in today’s digital world. It’s important for you to understand the relationship between a person reviewing the product and the manufacturer or service provider.
If you don’t see a disclosure policy on a blog, that blogger may be violating the law or at the very least the Code of Ethics.
To get your own policy, please go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org . Thank you.